PAWTUCKET â€“ A Providence teen was found guilty in Providence Superior Court for the 2013 Christmas Eve murder of a 21-year-old man at the Galego Court housing complex, according to the Attorney Generalâ€™s Office confirmed on Friday.
The jury convicted Jose â€śGioâ€ť Lopez, 18, with a last known address on Joslin Street in Providence, of the Dec. 24, 2013 murder of Ryan Almeida.
The jury found Lopez guilty of murder, discharging a firearm while in the commission of a crime of violence, and conspiracy. Lopez was found not guilty of carrying a firearm without a license.
PAWTUCKET – Down 14 points at halftime on their home court Friday night, Tolman High staged an epic second-half comeback to shock Davies Tech on a last-minute shot by freshman guard Ally Larson, 50-49.
The Tigers had trailed 36-22 at intermission before rallying almost all the way back. But with about 10 seconds left the Patriots had the ball and a chance to seal the game, when Tolman point guard Destiny Moore came up with a steal, and hit Larson with an outlet pass to set up the game-winner.
For the biggest game in all of football, you can bet on just about anything. What we have done here is selected some of our favorite things to bet on and give bold predictions. If you want some free money, read on!
SPECIAL (NE vs SEA) - How long will it take Idina Menzel to sign the US National Anthem?
Over/Under 2 minutes 1 second
â€˘ OVER- She has done the National Anthem on multiple occasions. In her earlier appearance she was under more later over. Her fame is at an all-time high thanks to Frozen. She will really bring it in a drawn out way.
PAWTUCKET – To have a transfer as talented as Kasey Gagan fall right into a team’s lap … it’s as if the basketball gods were smiling down on St. Raphael head coach Fred Saunders.
PAWTUCKET â€“ City firefighters responded to back-to-back incidents Wednesday night, including a grease fire that erupted in the kitchen of a group home on Manchester Street for persons recovering from substance abuse disorders, and a furnace explosion an hour later at an assisted living facility on Central Avenue.
Fire Chief William Sisson said a resident at the Sanctuary Recovery Residence, 12 Manchester St., was cooking when a grease fire flared-up on the kitchen stove. The fire was contained to the kitchen and did not affect the rest of the dwelling, he said.